Tuesday, July 28, 2009

~ribbons and heat~

There is a record breaking heat wave going across the Lower Mainland here in BC. It is so draining. My poor baby has some heat rash. Trying to keep him as cool as possible. once it cools down tonight I am going to scrapbook. We have been so busy preserving the produce from our garden. It has been a great lesson. A lost art, really.

For the first time I entered the local fair. Entered so scrapbooking and photography. Did pretty good. Six 1st place ribbons, five 2nd place and one 3rd place. ((insert blushing)) I also won "Best In Show" for my scrapbooking. This was the page that won:

My photography that all received 2nd place was:


It was such a fun event to participate in. Look forward to
next years fair!

Hope everyone will find a way
to beat the heat!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

congratulations on your win! It's been sooo stinkin hot here too, it's almost unbearable! Too many days spent at the lake, now today I have to bite the bullet and clean my house! blech! I wanted to tell you that your "out of this world" page inspired me, and I did a little scraplifing. I'll be putting it on my page if you wanna check it out!

Thanh Vo said...

Wooohoooooooo!!! Show them what you got Kaylyn, Im happy to hear you kicked some @SS. btw, is everything ok? You seemed down the last time we were on the phone (maybe I caught you at a bad time)... give me a text or call if you wanna talk. hugs